Thursday, November 10, 2011

Love Stricken

                  The first time I met her I was probably around 3 or 4 years old. At first I didn't know what to think, who was she and why did I like her? I had never met anyone like her before, she was different, unique. She was perfect, always listening to me when I would talk, taking care of me when I needed help, and doing anything I told her. Days went by and I got to know her better and better. Soon days became years and we became more in love. I was sick in the head for her and there wasn't a cure. We were with each other everyday even when I was with my family, friends, or by myself. In my mind she was the ticket to eternal bliss. However I soon learned a more dark side about her. She could be cunning and deceitful in the most evil manner. One day my dad was telling me about his friend David, that had cancer and was dying. He said that he lived a good life for most of his youth, but when he got older he got sad and lonely. My father said that David has a love interest similar to mine, but that even with her always by his side he is still empty and depressed. His friend died, but right before passing away he told me that he regrets falling in love with his soul mate. That made me reconsider my relationship with my lover and I soon began to realize that she wasn't the one. I learned that happiness was achievable without her. She goes by many names, sizes, and shapes in different languages and cultures. I am talking about ............




1 comment: