Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Crazy Journey

I was born in Yerevan, Armenia on January 1, 1994. My parents named me after my grandpa, who had recently passed away. I live in the city of Komitas for 3 years, after which we moved to Moscow, Russia. In Russia we lived in Moscow for 2 years and found it increasingly difficult to sustain a decent lifestyle due to the fact that the economy was still recovering from the Soviet collapse of the late 1980's and early 1990's. We moved back to Yerevan, however my father left for America once we got back. 6 months later in December of 1999, me and my mother came to America leaving my brothers Spartak, 6 years older than me, and  Yeghia, 2 years older than me, with my grandmother. At first my parents found out that life in America was not so ideal. My father worked 12 hours one day and 16 every other, totally around 96 hours a week, and my mother worked 12 hours a day every day. They both worked at my fathers uncles shop, which they used their money to buy and help finance my brothers to come to America. In June 24, 2004 my brothers with my grandma and we finally got reunited once more. Ever since then I have been attending AGBU Manoogian-Demirjian school, and now I am in my final year. My father and mother serve to me more than a parent, they are my role models. I always try to incorporate my parents work ethic best I can, hoping that one day my family will respect me the same way I respect Armen and Argine Ter-Arsenyan. Reflecting on my past in America, from when I first came to America to the present I have had struggles like everyone else, but compared to what my parents had to endure my past is merely a difficulty.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you are learning from the best :) Sounds like you have some great role models.

    ReplyDelete